1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

2-4-d is a broad leaf killer that won't kill grass. I am no expert in this. Trimec (however its spelled) is a general weed killer. The roundup won't kill trees or bushes with the right mix.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I know we talked about this before. You really need some education before applying anything to someones turf. 2 4. D is a great herbicide. Properly applied at the correct rate. You can bake a lawn just as easily as the weeds. Never use roundup in the turf. Unless you like the minefield look. Not to mention you need a license for any of these products.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

education is why I am here. ill most likely be getting a license in the spring

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Dog duty...we scoop poop! Franchise here...10 bucks per week, one dog...pretty big here

5. birddseedd

yea. thats what i charged. i just watched out for piles as i mowed then picked up as i blew. dont have that customer no more. he was a bit of a jerk

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I'll try to work in spite of them, but will not repair/replace them.;)

7. birddseedd

I could have done your work yesterday like you wanted but i was too lazy to get out of bed

8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I will show up every tuesday and mow the lawn for $40 while you sit inside and watch tv or whatever you like to do. It will be $65 if you want to come out and watch.

9. birddseedd

??? Eh? Don't get it

10. birddseedd

you look down on me cause i cut your grass.... truth be told you are the one dorwing in debt and i have everything i want.