1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Gold Member

2. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Senior Member
    from Nj

You can write whatever date on the check you want but the post mark on envelope doesn't lie!

No I will not waive the first month payment of a 10 month payment plan bc you took three weeks to reply to estimate

If I send you a direct mail post card in your mailbox, yes I service your area

No the wind blowing neighbors leaves on hard day after clean up is not my fault.

My business is not "let's make a deal" it's a business, price is the price period, kinda like every single store you go to.

Yes I know it's hot outside, I'm in it all day as you tell me that thru carjacked open car window.

3. Trees Too

4. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

5. ROS_Grounds

ROS_Grounds LawnSite Member

The guys writing to this stuff are most likely the ones using black & decker trimmer and murray mower from walmart, who have absolutely no idea what it is to run commercial equipment, insueance and the rest... and they probanly think they can do a better job than us.

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

They say you don't need fertilizer and weekly mowing....but if you want a clean lawn that is well manicured... Yes the @&)@&! You do.

They say that if you leave the clippings your lawn will thrive...... If you mow weekly it will, if every 3 weeks- your lawn will die under the clumps.

Here is one of the 10 things:
    If you send your rude child out to boss me around and to learn "management skills", I will teach little Timmy a real life lesson about what happens when you mouth off and boss someone 8 times your size:realmad:

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

"My workers chug your beer when they should be cutting your lawn."
    Well, no, we always cut first! lol.
    pretty lame article-but it does reveal an unmonitored and unregulated industry.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Get real good at aiming trimmer goo at Timmy while looking in the other direction.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

1,8 & 9 and the solar light.

10. Trees Too