1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

100 gallon skid sprayer in chevy 1500?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by inzane, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I will agree that a 1/2 ton is nothing more than a passager car with a Bed. To me real trucks are 3/4 ton heavy duty or bigger. But at the same time we are not too far from those third world counties that Load 42 people in a VW Minni Van.

2. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

I felt exactly the same way when I owned a Tacoma. Truth is most full size trucks can't compete with a Tacoma. My Tacoma had 302,000 original miles when It was t-boned and totaled. I now have a full size truck and honestly don't notice much difference in payload or pulling a trailer.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased a half ton (new silverado 2013) 12 months ago. I love the truck, extended cab all star edition LT. It rides like a caddy, plenty of leg room, beautiful interior, 18.5 mpg with the 5.3 and the new six speed tranny. I love the truck, however, i wouldnt dream of loading it up and working it on a daily basis! Its my personal vehicle, i use it for sales, fetching parts, hauling the treks and the kayaks, etc. Its not a worktruck. My duramax 3500 and my cabover are worktrucks!

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Hopefully someday i can get to a point where i can purchase a 2500HD. for now, i'm having to make due with what i have. the 100gallon skid is no issue in this half ton truck. I never thought i would make this a work truck myself, as it was my personal vehicle that i babied for so long. its an 07, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I wouldn't put anymore than the 100gallon skid in this truck. Its Good on gas atleast. My goal is a 2500 HD with a bigger skid eventually. I just feel good that everything is paid for for now! saving up the cash for a bigger truck later on. :drinkup:

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Buy that time comes for a 250 HD you will need some thing bigger to get more done.

Charles Cue

6. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. I started out with a 2500, still use it everyday. It hauls 300 gal tank and zmax. Invested into my company and bought 3 ex Tg Isuzus, best money ever spent. The cab overs are the way to go IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I see your trucks in my area now and then, they look good.

8. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes they do look good. westley runs a jam up operation. he aint skeered of success