100x160 cold storage building opportunity

Gr8WhiteNorth

LawnSite Senior Member
We are looking at a new location and one site has everything that we need in a building, plus a 100’x160’ cold storage building.

This building is wide open, 40ft ceiling, overhead doors on each side, and asphalt floor.

I’m looking for ideas on what to use this space for? It was a lumber store that customers drove inside to pick up material.

So far I was thinking of just using the space to store dry goods and equipment, but I think that seems like a bit of a waste.

We are setting up a bit of a retail shop for contractors and DIY. We have dealership rights for some landscape supply items, so maybe there is some opportunity there.

My creative genius is off for the weekend and I’m drawing a blank. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thx

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
We are looking at a new location and one site has everything that we need in a building, plus a 100’x160’ cold storage building.

This building is wide open, 40ft ceiling, overhead doors on each side, and asphalt floor.

I’m looking for ideas on what to use this space for? It was a lumber store that customers drove inside to pick up material.

So far I was thinking of just using the space to store dry goods and equipment, but I think that seems like a bit of a waste.

We are setting up a bit of a retail shop for contractors and DIY. We have dealership rights for some landscape supply items, so maybe there is some opportunity there.

My creative genius is off for the weekend and I’m drawing a blank. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thx
If you do any hardscape, it could be a show room. You could use it as a supply store(pesticides, materials, tools, etc.), storage, etc. the options are endless. If you have any warehouse biz experience, you can rent the space to a cheese manufacturer. It’s big $ around here for cold storage. Takes a lot to maintain the refrigeration equip tho.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds like a great facility! Surely 40' ceiling was a typo? The asphalt floor leads me to uses more along the lines of storage. Could be regional warehousing for hardscape products, check with your suppliers. Could it be some type of space to keep employees busy in the winter such as building sheds?

A few ideas for leasing out:
Storage, refurb, detailing area for local car dealer.
Warehousing for small manufacturing co.
Fertilizer warehousing.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
I'd kill to have that much space under cover. Heated or not. And with that much height.