1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

11' Bibeau contractors dump?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuvecorp, Jun 21, 2009.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I may be upgrading trucks and am looking for an 11' Bibeau contractors box. A used one that isn't beat too much would work also. If anyone knows of one, let me know. I have a picture of the old truck with the box.

truck 005.jpg

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You will be tough to find a used mason box. The only other manfactures that build boxes like that one is Del Hydraulics and Henderson Manufacturing.

You want to stick with a box with a front mount post hoist for power and weight savings.

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I want the exact same box but much newer or hoping an Upfitter has one they would like to get rid of. I know of some 9' bodies but I need that extra two foot. I wish I could live with the shorter because they are cheap compared to the 11'. Worst case I will have to fix this one and reuse it.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A 11 foot box is nicer you can load it easier with a loader and plus the fact the truck rides better because of the longer wheelbase.

I don't like 9 foot boxes they are too short to haul light material. I don't want tall side boards raising the center of gravity of the load.

A new 11 foot drop side your prolly looking at 8-9 grand here they are a little more than that.