Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Place; just under 117 acres.

About 40,000 sqft of that is islands, can use a 36"-52" on.

This place is mostly flat out mowing acreage, most of the 114 acres is wide open mowing.

ON the job will be 3 60" ZTRs 1-52"Wb and 1-36" Wb.

Same guy will use the 52" and the 36"

5 men on the job.

Lemme have it. I know my ball park for this and it has been on the back burner for over 2 years.

· Registered
490 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Place; just under 117 acres.

About 40,000 sqft of that is islands, can use a 36"-52" on.

This place is mostly flat out mowing acreage, most of the 114 acres is wide open mowing.

ON the job will be 3 60" ZTRs 1-52"Wb and 1-36" Wb.

Same guy will use the 52" and the 36"

5 men on the job.

Lemme have it. I know my ball park for this and it has been on the back burner for over 2 years.
The copyright thing is a joke, right? :dizzy:

· Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by Westbrooklawn
$3510/cut
Unless i'm off my rocker, 3510 seems WAY low to me. that's only $30 per acre.

To give a better quote i'd have to know how many islands to jump and the linear feet for edging. Also is this all on one complex or does drive time need to be figured in for multiple locations?

More info LGF

Scot

· Registered
299 Posts
without knowing how trimming etc. i would come out at around 4295 a cut. Good luck on gettin the job.

· Registered
678 Posts
$30/acre w/ 3 60" Z's should amount to about $75-120/hour per mower depending on season. Not bad actually, heck if it is flat and smooth, probably more, would consider at least one additional 72" Z just for the job. I would definitely be happy for $30/acre if it is nice and smooth w/out many obstacles where each Z could knock out 3-4 acres/hour. However, to get something like that, I would be willing to bet at least $1,000 that the winning bid would be in the lower $20's/acre rate.

· Registered
4,250 Posts
Originally posted by brentsawyer
I would definitely be happy for $30/acre if it is nice and smooth w/out many obstacles where each Z could knock out 3-4 acres/hour..
I'd be falling all over myself for 30 bucks an acre ;) Even if it were less than ideal and I could only cut 2.5 acres an hour with a one 60", you'd still be looking at $75 an hour. I'm with you Brent, I think it will go much lower than that. But then again I'm a Florida scrub, we'll work for peanuts according to most of you guys ;)

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Would need more info. alot of paper to pick up or not would this be just cut trim blow and go. how about shrubs trimming bed deweeding. if just cut trim blow. 5535.00 per cut every 10 days at the most time between cuts. with 3 ztr mowers time would be about 10-12 hours

· Registered
678 Posts
LGF, I hope you realize that reading other posts about peoples bids makes you realize that alot people here would stand no chance of getting this if you were to bid what some others would because I for one would would bid it around lower $20's if I had the capabilites to do it. Simply stated no four man crew could pull in $3,000-5,000+ daily as some are suggesting, just isn't possible. Honestly to think even more, I think that anyone mowing 100+ acre on a bunch of 60" Z's would look like a fool and be wasting a ton of time. I think that this is reserved for those who have more capital investments in equip. No pun intended. I bet your good at servicing the properties you have but this one seems reserved for others who can afford to do it for around $20 or so per acre.

· Registered
11,352 Posts
Must be having a Senior Moment, but I'm sure you and I talked about this place last year sometime. I gotta feel you'll have to be low...around 3 grand is my estimate.

BTW, is this the one they're using a batwing on in-house?

· Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by GLAN
All School districts here are all done in house
This is not a school district. This is one location, all of it has to be done in 1 day.

Rod yes, the one we discussed.

For more info, 5½ hours of trimming 3¼ hours of blowing.

This is almost all wide open mowing. 114 acres done with the 60" ZTRs, just over 2 with the 52" and 14 islands with the 36".

Presently done by Brickman, but I take care fo the families houses.

Most likely in the $2200-$2500 range from inside source.

This place is also full service, snow, mulch, 6 step fert n squirt, anual aeration, etc... The price is just cut trim blow.........

And yes after a couple cuts, I will be getting a wing deck mower. It can run this on Monday and use the rest of the week for the school district.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.