Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this striping kit for $12.00 I used 1/8" x 2" flat steel and a piece of conveyer belt. I used the holes for the hitch and drilled two holes behind the rear wheelie wheels, It works great! I will try to post some pics of yards I've done. there are some pics on my web sight if your interested.

stp4345my web sight

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Bumper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those holes are there from me pulling up on my trailer those wheeels touch the ground. But I've had it on there for a long while and if i have to replace it, its $3.00 at a tractor supply, It really does a good job. If you have time check out my websight theres some pics of yards I've striped.

Thanks for the reply!
stp4345

snowbodysbusiness.tripod.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was woundering something about your striping?
That conveyer at Tractor supply was $5.00 a foot. "no BIG deal"
My question was should my flat steel and conveyer
be as wide as my deck since I'm mowing 60" and to cover
my entire mowing area including my wheel tracks. It would seem to me it would look beter? It looks Like your kit is shorter than either? thanks for the info and the pics look great.
I AM TRYING TO FIT THIS TO A HUSTLER SUPER Z 60"
AND IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY GOOD IDEAS PLEASE POST.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
Your site is down so I couldn't see any photos. I made one out of chains but the bar was easily bent so it didn't work. Here si the one I made, I think with a steel bar support it may work better but I am going to try the belt...I always wondered where that stuff could be bought. There is a TSC not far from here.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MY RUBBER BELT IS FROM TIRE TO TIRE. IT DOSN'T NEED TO GO THE FULL THE WIDTH OF THE DECK THE TIRES THEMSELVES DO THE REST. TO GO TO MY WEB SIGHT YOU NEED TO TYPE IN
SNOWBODYSBUSINESS.TRIPOD.COM DO NOT PUT IN THE WWW. IT WONT WORK. I THINK THE RUBBER WORKS GREAT AND IT'S EASY TO DO AND EASY TO REPLACE IF YOU NEED TO. I HAVE GREAT RESULTS WITH IT.

BE BLESSED IN JESUS NAME!

[email protected]
my sight

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Old mud flaps work very well....

·
Registered
322 Posts
You guys would probably laugh if I showed you my homemade kit. 2" pvc pipe filled with concrete, surrounding a .5"pipe with 4' of steel rod thru that. Attached to 4' of angle iron by way of chains. Man does it stripe though. Can't beat the weight of the concrete.

·
Registered
247 Posts
lampeslawnservice said:
You guys would probably laugh if I showed you my homemade kit. 2" pvc pipe filled with concrete, surrounding a .5"pipe with 4' of steel rod thru that. Attached to 4' of angle iron by way of chains. Man does it stripe though. Can't beat the weight of the concrete.
You got any pics of it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts