1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

12v Demand Pumps

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turf Armor, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Turf Armor

Turf Armor LawnSite Member

Hello,

I’m looking for suggestions on good 12v demand chemical pumps. The application I’ll be using the pump for is transferring 3-way herbicide from 100gal stationary fill tank to 18gal applicator spray tank. Would like it to have a decent flow rate.

Thanks in advance.

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

So the 3 way is already mixed with water i take it. I use the fat boy pump but i only transfer water i put the 3 way in the sprayer tanks. https://www.sprayerdepot.com/produc...yDiRn9mWHJh-9V55WSaSdHkfPPMSMpZLP4QjTwKGSdIJM or you could use this roller pump

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Large diameter tubing is very important if you need a high flow rate. 3/4 or better--1" vinyl tubing.
    By "demand pump" do you mean one that starts automatically when the pressure falls below 20 psi?

4. Turf Armor

Turf Armor LawnSite Member

RigglePLC: yes

5. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote for the Hypro Fatboy which can pump up to 7 gallons a minute. That would only take you a little over 2.5 minutes to transfer the mix. I suggest
    mixing in the sprayer. I have a 150 gallon nurse tank with clear water which I use to fill my sprayer and backpack's with and rinse my hands. Much more versatile. The truck sits high enough that I can gravity feed the sprayer in less than a minute.