13hp honda crankshaft

Eagleseye

LawnSite Member
Need to replace my crankshaft on a gx 390 qdw9 13hp honda. Anybody ever used after market crankshfts. It seems inventory on this shaft is not availably

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
Why does it need replacing is the question, what I'm saying is you might be as well off trying to find a used
gx390 even thou I can't say you'll have much better luck but at least it expands your options a little.

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member
How many hours were on it? If there is a loose rod bolt it shows up very early in an engines life. So it should have very low hours and be under warranty. Otherwise it wasnt a loose rod bolt. Also a loose rod bolt wont cause scoring of the crank or rod. Their surfaces would be clean.

rotti1968

LawnSite Member
How many hours were on it? If there is a loose rod bolt it shows up very early in an engines life. So it should have very low hours and be under warranty. Otherwise it wasnt a loose rod bolt. Also a loose rod bolt wont cause scoring of the crank or rod. Their surfaces would be clean.

I agree with this, if you have scoring that is from lack of lube/seized. the rod bolt may have been secondary to this failure

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
See that's what I was getting at, too...

Once an engine suffers internal damage there's no telling what else could have got damaged, when a part scores
there are little metal shavings gone everywhere, you can clean it up real good and just a tiny sliver made its way
into a bearing or some BS and you get it all rebuilt and it runs great but a month later it's back down...

I know that's a bad case scenario, but ...

Another option might be to shortblock it.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Could have the current crank journal repaired. Find a local machine shop that does auto stuff and they should be able to repair it. Or a company called Falicon Crankshaft Components, Inc they mostly do high performance motorcycle stuff but are located in clearwater fl and may know some one in the area that does less critical work.

Top Forums