1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

14 to 17 hp engine swap scag

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bobby perez, Jun 7, 2007.

1. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

good evening fellas , I just purchased a 17hp Kawasaki engine for the scag hydro.which had a 14 kawi,. the mower has an electric clutch. the problem is the wiring ,I cant figure it out.The NEW engine has 2 wires coming from it, 1 ,I believe is for the clutch the other for the engine stop switch.The terminal ends on these wires coming from the engine are a blade terminal and a round or barrel type terminal on the other wire. Now, the main problem is, that the wires coming from the mower is a 3 bladed terminal harness and the harness that connects the clutch to the mower power source is a 2 bladed terminal harness.I am confused as to hook up what, where. I can connect the clutch harness to the mower, but then what. please if you can shed a little info I would be deeply indebted to you. Before I get WIRED UP. I did do a search but to no avail. Also anything I should watch out for. I did get the clutch and pulley of with no problem off the old one. THANK YOU MUCH.

2. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

hello again : any advise or caution or warnings or should haves or 1st thing you have to do is,any info is probably better than none. THANK YOU.