14' trailer single axle

stonebridge

LawnSite Senior Member
anyone use on does it work for you? i need another foot so im going to sell mt 12 trailer and get a 14' i want a single. should i go single or you you have went with a tandem?
need to haul a 60'' dixie, 52'' grandstand, 32'' ferris hydro cut

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hauling 2 heavy mowers you should definitely have 2 axles under a 14 ft trailer and one of the axles should have brakes.

OP
stonebridge

stonebridge

LawnSite Senior Member
my 12 footer carries my two mowers just fine i keep the 32'' on the back of my truck and would like to get it on my trailer so i don't have to fidge with everything to get it off for 3 yards aweek

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
Your pushing the limits of a 3500lb axle. Maybe not in gross weight but in the harmonics department. The springs are going to get a workout and tongue weight will be high. It probably won't survive a pothole hit more than once.:usflag:

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
My 6x14 has done well with a Scag tc and BOP dually. I also have a box on the front plus the trimmer rack. It handles the weight with no problems. As others said, you'll be pushing the axle rating. Maybe find out what the weight of everything will be and see where it stands.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
One advantage with a single is that you get around the ridiculous DOT 10,001 lb rule for a common pickup/trailer setup.

OP
stonebridge

stonebridge

LawnSite Senior Member
thats what im trying to decide. they have been really cracking down in indiana

OP
stonebridge

stonebridge

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't forget to add the weight of the trailer itself in your calculations.
Posted via Mobile Device
i may just stick with my 12 footer and keep the walk behind on the truck. seem to work pretty good last year. i wouldn't need the WB but i have 3 big backyards with fences at the middle of my route and a push mower in the spring takes forever. (they pay too goo to get rid of them + i do next door to them)