1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

144z with 17 or 19?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 22, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im serisouly planning on buying a Z this next few weeks, im demoing a 144z 17hp on thursday.

should i get a 17hp 144z - $4999

a 19hp 144z no computer $5599

or a 19hp 144z with computer $5899

or should i go with a 34z? or a wb?

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

now that im thinking... maybe i should just get a 34z all together to cut down on costs. because a 44 might be to big for some. but i dont know, its a real tough desicion

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Go for the 44, everyone always starts off with the small stuff and then gets larger because they realize bigger equipment = higher efficeiency = greater profits. If you plan on growing get the 19hp 144z with comp. Spend more now because a year down the line you will be happy you did. There is always 21" for properties that it wont fit on, but a 36" takes a loooong time on the bigger properties. Its not just 8 inches wider, because when you figure in overhand and such, it can be around 20% more efficient.

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

definetly go with the 44" inch and I would strongly suggest getting a 19 hp.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i havnt had any problems with my 19 horse on the same mower. It am sure glad that i got 19 with mine. 17 just doesnt seem like it would "cut" it.

go with the eye-q system...i do believe that is what your reffering to when you say computer. That thing looks sweet

trevor

6. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

19 hp 44" w/computer
    and that's all i have to say about that