1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

14ft 7,000 lbs trailer move bobcat

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by extremerc76, Jun 9, 2009.

1. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i have a 14ft trailer with two 3500# axles and the trailer weighs 1800# so i can load 5200# would that be enough to transport a bobcat mini excavator not sure of the model, it's pretty small just not sure what it weighs

2. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Not endless its a heavy duty trailer.

Does the trailer have ramps or a gate? Your just going to bend the trailer putting it on it if its just a normal trailer that we all use for our mowers.

I loaded a S185 bobcat on my 16ft dual axle trailer to drive 2 miles down the road and bent the hell out of the back loading it on it.

3. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

If it weights less then 5200 it should work

4. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

have heavy ladder ramps to load with just don't know the weight of the machine i have to find out what model it is from my friend

5. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

it should...before we bought our equipment trailer the rental company gave us a 14 ft with 2 3500# axles....it was a bobcat 323 and no problem at all

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Sure no problems at all. But if you haul a skid or mini x everyday and use it commercially, you will tear up the trailer fast. Utility/mowing trailers are pretty lightly built, I would recomend at least a 7'x16' 12k equipment trailer. You can pick them up new for around 2k.