15-0-14 ammonium sulfate on all warm season?

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm getting my dealer to blend me 15-0-14 from ammonium sulfate for my centipede lawns. What do you guys think about using this on all warm season turf? I would be applying it at .5 lb N, .75 lb N, and 1 lb N depending on the turf. Then end the season with something with low N, High K, and iron to winterize.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
That would be the ideal blend for centipede. However, I do not see enough N for bermuda, st augustine and zoysia. Those grasses do not need the elevated levels of K that would be provided by simply increasing the rates of that one blend. I literally mix differently depending on what kind of grass I am feeding and based on the soil test for that property.

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
I'd like to see the source of your potassium...Should be potassium nitrate for the centipede. That is a proper dose of N/mo if your soil is sandy. The interval for more loamy to clay was differ also and with the pH as Greendoctor said. I buy in bulk and just blend myself as to the turf.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Also acceptable is potassium sulfate. But watch out for potassium chloride, it is the cheapest material and the vendors are used to selling that. Even though that is bad for zoysia and centipede.