1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

16' enclosed needs skin

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by daveyo, Aug 16, 2008.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Does anyone know how I can go about repairing the damage on my 16' enclosed trailers outer panels? Is there somewhere I can get the panels or do I need to have it repaired professionally? There are a few tears on the outside and it looks awful.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Where in Jersey are you? You could do it yourself, but it will take some time. In the winter i work with my father who owns a tractor trailer repair business. We do these panels frequently. On the tractor trailers you need to take the inside walls off, remove part/all of the scuff liner, depending on the damage, and just rivet on a new panel. I don't think the smaller enclosed trailers use rivets. They looked like a star shaped screw that gets screwed into the beams. Do you plan on replacing the whole panel? I got a quote from haulmark to replace a few of my pannels because someone spray painted them, and they were upwards of 400.00 from what i remember. It was insane. And thats just for the panel.

3. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

wow thats brutal, I'm in South Jersey five miles outside Atlantic City. I do have those star shaped screws on the trailer. Theres the two panels in the front of the trailer and one on the side thats a small hole but I hate it. I do want to replace the whole panel at least on the front, so how can I go about repairing them, where do I get the panels?

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

You could take it to a welding shop and have them MIG weld it.