1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

16' Landscape Trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by NEUSWEDE, Feb 1, 2008.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

landscape trailer with 16' deck split rear gate and front ramp for driving into pickup/dump bed. great working condition very solid, 2999 GVW new rims and tires. Great for mowing equipment, atvs or anything else.
    $900 Obo

DSC01806.jpg

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Those it have brakes in both axles.:drinkup:

3. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

no brakes it is 2999 GVW so it doesn't need brakes. I pulled an exmark navigator, and walk behind on it with trimmers, blowers and fuel and was under 3k.

4. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

So the axiles are rated for 1500 pounds each? In Connecticut if it has dual axiles it needs brakes

5. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

not sure about CT but the law is anything under 3k doesn't need brakes. Has been checked by DOT before.

6. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

Well if its rated for 3000 pounds each axile can only hold 1500 pounds which is weird i didnt know they made axiles rated that low. I mean its rated for the same as my single axile 14 footer

7. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

I think it is more for deck length. I have never had a problem with dot, and they have weighed it before on a stop. The trailer only weighs 900 so you have 2100 you can carry on.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

can you take a pic of the specs sticker on the side of it please. i cant believe a 16 foor dual axle trailer is onlt rated for 3k

9. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

here you go

DSC01808.jpg

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

wow, i guess it is, lol thats pretty lightweight 16 footer then.