Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh the 4wd really works. I got it almost stuck too. There are fenders for the front tires. But the back ones.... in reverse toss mud everywhere.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jgtxusa said:
Man thats quick. What kind of WAM and how much do they run. I just started thinking about on for this next spring.
Toro 4100-D. 10.5' cut @ 8 MPH. Their expensive.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I bet that was some good hourly pay!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
you mean you didn't buy one of brad's contraptions?????? :dizzy:

Really though, I'm always a bit hesitant to bid large properties(7-8+ acres) due to the cost of large machines and short contracts. I think if I did bid a large property it would have to be a 5+ year contract.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
skurkp said:
how many mowers did you use? I have a 15' cut and 17 I think is almost not doable in just 2 hours.
I have to question it too... My daughter and I can cut 8 (bumpy) acres on two 72" Dixie Choppers in the neighborhood of 2 hours. So... I just don't see 17 acres with one 10' mower.. even on the smoothest of ground.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
CoastalGreenscapes said:
17 Acres cut in 2 hours on the new WAM today.
Coastal - I believe you - It seems you are running into skeptisism on this site just like I do - Go Figure ----- Maybe the members on this site are just jealose of efficient operations????

Actually the book at 8mph and a 10 1/2 foot cut is 20 acres, so take out the turns and your 17 sounds very doable.
I have 9 1/2 foot cut and do about 6 1/2 acres per hr. and probably am only going 7 mph (book would say 8 acres per hr., but turns and short runs take a slight toll)

Keep up the good work, and be prepared for a lot of comments saying you are stretching the truth.

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
skurkp said:
how many mowers did you use? I have a 15' cut and 17 I think is almost not doable in just 2 hours.
One WAM did it in 2 hours. Clear field for the most part and ran it at top cutting speed.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lawn-Scapes said:
I have to question it too... My daughter and I can cut 8 (bumpy) acres on two 72" Dixie Choppers in the neighborhood of 2 hours. So... I just don't see 17 acres with one 10' mower.. even on the smoothest of ground.
If you look at the pictures, it is perfect cutting conditions. Soccer practice fields with very little things to cut around. 10 goals. Outside of that it is wide open cutting.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.