1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

17 hp kawi oil filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 17 hp kawi on my z master it is new this year. Can anyone give me a cross reference for Fram oil filters?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I just realized I should have put this in the repairs forum.

Adam

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Im not sure if there is a cross number for that. I always order my filters from either www.mowmore.com or www.precoparts.com. I have the same mowers you do and they have all filters for kawasaki.

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend the extra money and get a better filter. Thought I would save some money and buy the fram, and my mechanic explained what the 4 extra bucks extra on filter would get me. Did not know there was that huge of a difference in mower filters. From now on I put napa gold filters on both mowers.

Good Luck

Rhett

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind using another filter besides fram, the mechanic at my dealer said that i could use any good quality after market.

I just need a number to get.

Adam

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the #'s I just got...

Fram - PH4967
    Wix - 51394
    K&N - HP-1003

With the Fram #, you can cross over to just about any filter you want.. I personally wouldn't use a Fram, I'm going with Wix...
    There are allot better filters than Fram.. Hope this helps.....

Lou :cool: