1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

19 Kaw Kai or 24 Briggs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcarlson1911, Sep 19, 2006.

1. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

Hey Guys -
    I'm picking up a new Scag Tigercub this week. I'm trying to decide between the two engine options. The 24 Briggs is 5oo less than the 19 Kaw.

The 19 Kaw is a time proven motor.

My salesman reccomends the 24 based on the fact that I will be bagging during fall cleanups.

There isn't much of a motive to sell me a ztr that is 500 less except my personal satisfaction. Any thoughts?

Thanks pc

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

If the Briggs & Stratton is a Vanguard, go for the B & S. :usflag:

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Why does everyone ask the same question. This topic has been covered at least 3 times this month. Just do a search and find your answer.
    :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

4. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

I guess we all ask the same question cause it is the easy thing to do.

I am a teacher and I have students ask the same questions as all my other students. It gets annoying, but I can't blame them. They don't know. So I inform them.

The reality is I didn't ask a very good question.

I want to hear from someone who has been running a 24 briggs in a tiger cub. Ill search for it, then I'll post if I cant find it!*trucewhiteflag*