19 year old Exmark Lazer...... asking fo a friend

XB 2002

LawnSite Member
So my Exmark Lazer Z ( LZ23KC604 ) is 19 years old and has a smidge over 600 hours on it. I took the deck off to rework the idler and spindle bearings and rust coat the deck bottom.
My Hydro system has been fine but looking at the hoses has me wondering if they will last or fail. I have no leaks on them or the pumps but I am wondering if the hoses fail has anyone replaced these hoses with braided stainless steel like Hustler uses ? I do not plan to do anything now as all is well just looking down the road unless the hoses just generally never fail. Mine just seem very stiff but they may have always been that way but I kinda doubt it. Any advice or tips appreciated.

thanks,
XB 2002

Attachments

• 31F832CC-3386-43E8-949A-A1D44302B32F.jpeg
    31F832CC-3386-43E8-949A-A1D44302B32F.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 109

Breezmeister

LawnSite Gold Member
Our 2003 Lazer is out on the job today, she has over 5000 hours on it. Never had a problem with any of the hoses. No problems with any of the pumps or wheel motors. Keep an eye on the Kohler, governor and oil pump problems
on our 2002 Lazer.....

OP
XB 2002

XB 2002

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the info. Other than the two main seals going out a few years apart the Kohler has been perfect. As a homeowner I think this mower will last longer than me barring something drastic.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
The pump/motor hoses are naturally stiff...they have a braided wire laminated inside. Make sure they aint rubbing against any part of the frame ! Keep 'em tied back with nylon cable ties
.I wouldn't bother with $tainle$$ hoses. In my not so humble opinion, them $tainle$$ hoses are pretty much just eyewash. If left to rub against the frame, they will rub thru and fray also.
If ya ever do replace the hoses, make sure you have all the fittings/ joints scrupulously clean before ya take 'em apart ! I use a can of spray carb cleaner with the straw and a cut down paintbrush to get rid of all the grit and dirt, etc. , followed by a good blasting with the air gun.
I always replace the fitting O rings too.

Top Forums