1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

1910 Ford

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by 65hoss, Aug 3, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got a call the other day from a guy with 4 acres and his "tractor" was broke down. Could I come out to the country and mow if for him? I get there and he has let the grass get very high. It doesn't look like 4 acres of lawn, its now 4 acres of pasture. Oh, his "tractor" was a MTD garden tractor with 42" deck.

Nobody was home when I showed up. His neighbor walked over to look at my Lazer on the trailer. He proceeded to tell me he cuts his lawn with a tractor and finishing mower. As I got more info from him, it finally is revealed what type of tractor. Its a 1910 Ford tractor restored and he uses it for cutting his grass. Now that is cool.

It got me to thinking. Once I finish the old JD, I wonder if I could sell nostaglia to the old guys around that need bushhogging work done. You know the type..."my daddy had one just like that. I drove many an hour in the field on one just like that. I love that sound." Just a thought.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

sounds like a great plan to me, also offer it to construction companys who have job sites that are overgrown