• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

1942 Montamower. Anyone ever see this?

yacht

LawnSite Member
My father-in-law and I were in the process of remodeling one of his apartments when we came across an interesting advertisement. Upon cutting through and tearing out the last wall we found an advertisment for a "Montamower" dated February 1942. The advertisement exploits the fact that "Due to the war our national defense program has made it increasingly difficult to obtain the metals necessary for the building of any lawn mower, and no lawn mower manufacturer can get a priority on steel...it is only a question of time when lawn mowers of all types will be scarce and high priced"

Thought it was kinda cool to see this. Anyone ever see one of these in real life???

dvc00078.jpg

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
Olderthandirt has one in his inventory. j/k.

OP
Y

yacht

LawnSite Member
I agree about the seat and motor thing.

How long did you mow in a dress before you decided you didn't look good?! Was it the dress or maybe just try another color?? Ha!! :)

I did a search and there's been no mention of this mower on this site. Just thought I'd see if anyone heard of it.

Itsgottobegreen

LawnSite Silver Member
yep. At a farm show I go to every year. There is this one guy who brings like 30 push reel mowers. He has one.