Lawn Care Forum banner

1984 C20?

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  KS_Grasscutter 
#1 ·
Well, I have been looking at this 1984 Chevy 3/4 ton for the last couple days, went with dad today and looked at it kinda close, we will go first thing in the AM tomorrow and test drive it and possibly make an offer on it. It is in damn good to almsot excellant condition, has 80,000 miles with NO rust AT ALL. Original paint is still near perfect. Has new tires and a break controller. They want $4900 for it, which i think is NUTS. I got approved on a loan through my bank as long as dad co-signs (which he will). Am gonna offer $4000, and if they dont take it, I'll wait till they call and do. It is an independant dealer, and the truck has been there a little while, so i think that should help my odds.

Anyway, anything to look for on it, and do you think that price is somewhat fair?

#28 ·
DBL said:
do you plan on putting this truck to work or keeping it nice
Well, I bought it to use as a worktruck, but I am gonna keep it as nice as possible. I was at first planning to put a dumping flatbed on it, but now I think it would be STUPID to do that as I am sure it would totally destroy the value. It is gonna get diamond plate bed caps here real quick, and a good hitch. Other then that though, I think it is exactly how I want it. Well, and its gonna get a CD deck or whatever, and probabllt new speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.