Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend we started to tear down my 1985 gmc 3500. We are painting it "medium green" which is the same color as my 05 2500. All the body panels are new replacement except for the cab that we bought allready restored. More pics to come.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow that truck brings back memories! I had the same truck but a two wheel drive. Same color, too. It was a great truck for me, I used it for 4 years and sold it, believe it or not it is still on the road, I see it from time to time. Cool project, keep us posted!

·
Registered
294 Posts
cant wait to see the truck when it is finished. I have a 1989 chevy 3500 1 ton dump awsome truck, runs great, but needs new cab corners rocker panels some welding in the bed and a paint job. seeing your pics reminds me of the work it needs:dizzy:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a never ending project....eventually we might put a big block in it. im not sure though. I also have an 87 mason dump to redo and an 88 cab and chassis with the long wheel base. I will post pics of those also

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When its all over the total cost including the truck will be about 3000-3500 including the cost of the truck. The main reason Im keeping this truck is because my 05 cost 2200 a year to insure and this one is 600. This truck is decent on gas if you baby it believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The main reason Im keeping this truck is because my 05 cost 2200 a year to insure and this one is 600.
Thats shocking!! because the older the truck the less safe it is. at least that's what my insurance agent tells me..

Otherwise, it looks like a tank thats coming from a Ford guy ...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More pics from today...We wire wheeled the frame, primed, and painted it. One of the cab mount holes was rusted to we cut it and I attemped to weld it...and finally got the new cab on.

We painted the bottom of the new cab so hopefully it doesnt rust for a while.

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Gas

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Wood Hood Bumper Line

Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle chain Motor vehicle Wood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I plan to do this similar project as long as I am able to drive. My next truck will be a late 1970's F-100 that I plan to overhaul and paint.
Hurry up with the pictures!!!! This is going to be one sweat truck!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.