1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1989 Chevy Cheyenne Clutch Problem?? Help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Shawns Lawns, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

:confused: :confused: Ok any insight would be helpful. I will give you as much information as i can. The truck is a 5 Sp standard and i was using it the other day to transport the snowblower to do some cleanups. All was fine and dandy till i got back in it and i was not able to push the clutch in. I felt that the more i did i would break something. I was not initially able to push it in enough to even start the truck. I checked the clutch fluid level and it was full. The truck has 99,000 miles on it. I eventually was able to push the clutch in by just pumping the pedal but it was not as smooth as it was 30 minutes before. I could feel resistance and pulsating in the pedal as i tried to push the pedal in. I was finally able to push the clutch pedal in enough to start the truck and then drove home. It was rough shifting but but i made it. I asked my neighbor and he says i need a new clutch and i asked someone i work with and he said that since it was really cold and if i drove through alot of snow the clutch could be frozen. Not sure what to do :waving: