1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

1992 Chevy K3500 Dump, what is it worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JohnsonLawn, Jun 23, 2009.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a '92 K3500 with a 454ci, 4spd w/OD, 99,000 miles and it has a 8' fisher conv. plow. What is a good selling price for this truck in the northeast. It needs some TLC, as new e-barke and has an exhaust manifold leak, but I have the manifold and have replaced the other side already. I will attach a pic. Thanks

DUMP.jpg

2. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

It would be my suggestion to ask about $4000.00 or so, and you can always negotiate reasonably. It looks very clean, so I assume it is in good condition...what drags its value down is its age and the fact that they are giving trucks away now, you can get a truck ten - 12 years newer for 8-12K or less $$ with the same miles.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you want to sell it ?

I would say you could get 5-6 grand for the truck.

4. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Nice 454 would love that in my truck

5. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

if you need the money ok. If your just selling it to make money sorry. You at a lost. Keep it.... Unless you join this biz to find quick money. And found out it sucks.

6. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Been in this biz for 10 years and no, there is no quick money! I am selling due to divorce and need cash, only reason.