1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1994 Ford 150 V8?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by clallen03, Aug 26, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Did Ford make this model in a manual transmission?

I have a guy in FL that is trying to sell this vehicle but he is not sure if its a V8 of a V6.

I didn't think they sold this model in a V8 with a manual tranny.

2. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

pop the hood and look at the engine six cylinder engine where inline six cylinder engine for that year. so if it was a v style engine it would have to be an V-8:usflag:
    also yes they did make a V-8 model with a manual trans

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Either V8s were 5.0 liter or 5.8 liter. They did some in either auto or 5 speed. The only 6 cylinder was the 4.9. It was inline 6 and a great engine.

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

The only V8's in front of manual trannies in an F-150 was the 5.0 (302), the 5.8's in the 1/2 tons were only offered with an auto, in 3/4 tons they were offered in any combination with the 5.8 (351), the 7.5 (460) or the 7.3 deisel.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i hate peope who call that inline 6 a v6. just dumb...thats a insult! and yes they came with manuals. a friend of mine had one. tell hime to pop the hood and see if its a v or an inline. theres your answer. man...