1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

1995 GMC 2500 pickup

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by John Luttrell, Mar 22, 2008.

1. John Luttrell

John Luttrell LawnSite Member

Can anyone point me to an online service manual for a 1995 GMC pickup preferably in PDF format? My neighbor needs his ignition switch changed out and I do not have a manual on that year model. Sure I could just tear into it, but it's his daily driver and I'd rather it be a quick and painless job.

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I tried looking for you, and couldn't find anything, but if you go to www.fullsizechevy.com. they have just about anything and everything you could ask for on there, it's a forum, and they have covered everything about 5 times, and if not you can ask, and usually somebody replies to you pretty quick, so keep that in mind.

3. John Luttrell

Thanks Wizkid, I give those folks a visit and see what I can dig up.

4. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

Yeah they definitely know their stuff over there. I still get on there from time to time.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

what I like, when I ask a question, I usually get 2 or 3 options on what I need to do, thats what I like, is the experience.

6. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

just go to autozone the ignition comes with instruction for removal and install my did

7. John Luttrell

Thanks Jdogg, you are the "proverbial poo", sure enough I looked up the part at AZ and low and behold there was the installation directions. I looked at their site yesterday, but I looked for a service manual for the truck and it didn't go back that far for tose trucks. Thanks again.