1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1995 Toyota T100

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by WoodBrothersLC, Mar 27, 2005.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We are looking into getting a work truck, and saw an eye catcher in the Auto Trader. There is a 1995 T100. The truck has 118K miles,V6, 4x4, AM FM, and a 6 foot plow. The price tag is $5480. The price is very reasonable, and the truck could prove to be beneficial with the rising gas prices. Our question to you is, could this truck handle pulling a single axle trailer every day with the listed equipment below in our profile, and eventually this equipment with a tandem axle trailer? Thank you for your responses.

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

pulling it will be no problem stopping is the problem unless you have trailer brakes.(or your very carefull) I have pulled my 16' tandem fully loaded with my 2wd 96 dakota v6 it did struggle on hills. otherwise pulled very well. i would say with your equipment, single axle yes it would pull it everyday no problem.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it will pull just fine.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 1994 Nissan pickup truck. Its got the same engine as yours, and is a 4x4. I pull a 4x8 trailer with it. It pulls fine, goes fine on the highway. You should be fine with it. Post a pic, I woudl like to see this truck.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

My 96 pulls a 6 by 12, it has the same V6 as yours, just watch sudden stops...

MVC-013F.JPG

6. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

The price seems a little shaky to me. I mean don't get me wrong, the price is right, but there must be something wrong because a truck like this in our area is going for at least $1500 more than that right now. Any input is appreciated.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

The only thing you need to watch for on this truck is they had some early problems with blowing head gaskets. Toyota has a "goodwill" warranty if they blow up to a certain mileage if I remember correctly. You can check with any toyota dealer with the vin# and see if this one has ever been done.