1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Isuzu Box Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Have a chance to get a hold of a 1998 Isuzu NPR 14' Box Truck. How much do you think I should pay? Gas Engine with 30,000 miles. Excellent Condition. Thanks for the help!

2. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

13-15k Id say. If it were diesel id say more like 18-20k payup

3. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

no more than 15K. Take a look at this link. This dealer moves Mitsu, Chevy and Nissan all over the country.

www.taylorautocenter.com

4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

$5 Max......

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

A 14' box is a BAD IDEA. A 16' box is minimum. Okay, the chassis should be in great condition with only 30k on it. Check the wheel base with a local dealer and see if it could hold a 16' box. If so, the only way I'd buy it is if I could buy it for at least $4-5k less than market value so I could afford to buy a used box and have it installed for the $4-5k. A 14' box is way too small - you would never be happy with it.

I bought a 1999 NPR with the turbo diesel, 16' box and have been absolutely loving it every day. Sometimes I wish I had an 18 footer, but then it would not have the sharp turning radius this one has. You probably know if you want a diesel, be sure to buy a 1999 or newer for the 175 hp engine.

6. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

I'll be just fine with the 14 footer. All I need is something to keep a ZTR, WalkBehind, Trimmers/Blowers out of the weather and away from theives. There's no way I would even look at a 16 footer. I'm going to keep it under 14 foot no matter what. And there's no way I'm paying that much more for a diesel engine when I'm only putting 10,000 miles per year on it. Plus diesel is way too much right now.

NCLawnMedic, Thanks for the link! It looks like that's a nice place to buy low mileage used trucks.