1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1998 Nissan UD radiator?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nlminc, Apr 28, 2008.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

My radiator is leaking. I've put the stop leak in with no luck. Pulled it about a month ago and had it soldered and there's now another leak! The only price I've gotten so far is for over $1,500.00 just for the radiator.

Are there any aftermarket places out there who sell this radiator for less?

Thanks!

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'm sure there are. I believe i paid around 700 for a new radiator for my silverado. It was done at mineke. Shop around.

3. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

Avalibility for a Chevy radiator and a UD radiator are two different things.

I would call around to radiator shops and big truck shops. Get a price on "Re-Coreing" it. Basicly they take the top tank and the bottom tank off and put new tubes and fins in using the original dimensions (width x height x thickness)

The only major difference in radiators is the tanks and the location and size of the inlet and outlet on the tanks. The cores are basicly the same.

I have a 93 UD-2000 and love it. I do have an over heating problem. The alarm will go off and the gage will read high. I think the thermostate is not working.