1st Christmas light job of the year! Do I have everything?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by _Cameron_, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Graham Oldreive

Graham Oldreive LawnSite Member

I am assuming you have fall protection ? and proper training for working on ladders and roofs ? I do hope you have insurance if nothing else for yourself and the homeowner.
    Not sure where your located but most place by law require fall protection when over 8 feet. the kit below is approx $150

2199825_large.jpg

2199825_large.jpg

hort101 likes this.
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Buzzbox
    You use it to hook up to the lights and it Trimble shoots which lights are out
    When the whole string wont light up because one light is out, it’s really hard to find which one without a buzz box.

You also need the pole grabbers for grabbing or looping light strings out of reach

I used to take hangers and duct tape them to rake handles until i realized paint roller handles are lighter and they make extendable ones.

hort101 likes this.
  3. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

Strap to the knee kind.

I like the heavy gel ones. They grab onto a roof well but allow you some movement.

Flat soled shoes for foot traction. The trendy skater brands like Vans and Converse are great, made for grip on a similar surface.

4. turn3

turn3 LawnSite Member

We use rappelling rope with a harness and a descender for some of our bigger (higher) jobs. I've heard Cougar Paws boots work great for roof work but I haven't bought a pair yet. Little things like drill bits, hammer and plenty of zip ties in a few different sizes are a must. As for hanging wreaths we've always used push pins and electric fence wire. It's inexpensive, easy to work with and we've never had a wreath fall.