1st Commercial bid...

Buck Hollow Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Hey all,
So I have done residential mowing for several years now and have not had the desire to go after a commercial account until this year. I went and looked at a small condominium complex(30 units,5 buildings) this morning and have figured it would take me around 3 to 4 hours to do the mowing and trimming. I base my charge at $1 a minute for me and machine. At 4 hours each time it will be $240 per mow, is this in line? I know, I know, I need to price it and I will, but I am just checking to see if this is in line. Thanks Sean:usflag:

TNGrassCutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't know if you have done this, if not, figure out your overhead per hour instead of just going by a dollar per minute. Then you know exactly what you need per hour to make your desired profit. And if in doubt, raise your price a little. I would much rather bid too high and not get it than realize I bid too low and be stuck with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

WildLake

LawnSite Senior Member
With the limited info you provided, I would say you are in the neighborhood. These commercial bids vary so much. HOA have to get multiple bids each year and people on the inside often are given the other bids and simply have to beat them. I hate commercial bids unless they are from property managers that I work with regularly. Good luck!

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't know if you have done this, if not, figure out your overhead per hour instead of just going by a dollar per minute. Then you know exactly what you need per hour to make your desired profit. And if in doubt, raise your price a little. I would much rather bid too high and not get it than realize I bid too low and be stuck with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
What do you mean stuck with it? You can always give them a 30 day notice that you are stopping service. Customers do it so why can't I:dizzy:

WildLake

LawnSite Senior Member
Commercials can only drop me for subpar service. I can only drop them if they don't pay.

Posted via Mobile DeviceW