• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

1st HOA Bid....opinions appreciated

Superior C & M

LawnSite Member
I am new in the pressure washing business. I own a property maintenance company that offers plumbing, electrical, full renovations and remodels, landscaping, general repairs, trash-outs, drywall repair and texture matching, flooring, and more! We are just now getting involved with re-keying and pressure washing and I have been offered an opportunity to bid the pressure washing of multiple HOA complexes.

--The first complex is a townhome community with 50 2-story units and short driveways. The units vary in siding type (vinyl & brick). There are 9 buildings which means there are 18 end units. I am looking to give a competitive price for the A) the house B) the driveway, walkway, and patio and C) the sidewalk. I am thinking the following:

"IF" 10+ units: Center Unit $89
End Unit $109
ADD Drvwy,wlkwy,ptio, sdwlk $109
----------------------------------------------------------
Per 10 Units(4Ends) Total Package $2060

"IF" All 36 Units Center Unit $79
End Unit $99
ADD Drvwy,wlkwy,ptio,sdwlk $99
----------------------------------------------------------
ALL 50 Units(18Ends) Total Package $9260

OP
S

Superior C & M

LawnSite Member
Driveways are approx 20ftx8ft. Each unit is approx 20ftx2-stories high. The sidewalks are about 200 linear feet per buiding and the average building is almost 5 units. Some are 6 and one is 3. I will purchase new equipment if we get the bid. I will need at least a 4gpm, but preferably 8gpm with a surface cleaner.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
S

Superior C & M

LawnSite Member
Keep in mind the units are 2 sided. My figures are based on this dauly chart:

5 units per day = 50 units in 10 Days (This may be high but I want to be on the safe side if we run into any problems)

2.5 Driveways, walkways, patio, street curbs, and sidewalks per day = 50 units in 20 Days. (I think this is pretty acurrate considering the sidewalk distance between buildings and around a cul-da-sac)

That gives this project a total of 30 days at about an average of 9hrs per day. This could take 6 weeks if we don't work Saturdays, or 5 weeks if we do work Saturdays. So at roughly $9000 after chemicals and gas and considering we will be running the machine for the entire day, this works out to $33.33 per hour at 9 hours a day for 30 days. After gas and chemicals. ???I am missing something?

FCPWLLC

LawnSite Senior Member
A PROFESSIONAL Power Washer will come in and do that entire gig for $3700. 2-1/2 day job.

$44/unit and $1500 for all the sidewalk/driveways.

What are you missing? Speed and knowledge. You don't even have the equipment yet, so not likely even know how to do the work. Just my observation with what is given here.

DrPappy

LawnSite Member
Have you ever thought about getting into concrete shot blasting? It looks like your skill set is pretty diverse. Blasting jobs usually run 1000-500,000 sq. feet and pay a 50 cents to a dollar a square foot. My brother runs a surface prep business they just bought their 3rd shot blaster from www.blastcat.com

JCinNJ

LawnSite Member
Have you ever thought about getting into concrete shot blasting? It looks like your skill set is pretty diverse. Blasting jobs usually run 1000-500,000 sq. feet and pay a 50 cents to a dollar a square foot. My brother runs a surface prep business they just bought their 3rd shot blaster from www.blastcat.com
who are you talking to?