1st Magazine Cover

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
I was too late to just have you go to the Phoenix Home & Garden web site to see one of our homes on the cover, they already have the Feb issue out ours was the Jan. issue. Here is a link to the article and pictures. Its our first cover. http://www.phgmag.com/home/furnishings/201201/timeless-residence/

Unfortunately we didn't get a mention, only the Landscape contractor who installed the job. We maintainer this clients last home that sold for 7.2 mil in two days about 3 years ago. She showed me the prints for this new place and asked if I wanted to do the install. "No thank you," I told her and I referred her to the contractor that did the job. Since then I have become his go to maint. contractor and now I take care of the new place as well. It has worked out well for all three of us.

The photographer who shot the place said she has never seen a landscape in such perfect condition and the landscape overall was in the top 3 she has ever seen. She is a well respected garden photographer and she has photographed gardens all over the world. The magazine said they didn't have to airbrush a single photo and that's a first for them. Wish I could take credit for it but I have to hand it to my crew they do a great job. But, I did train them well.

PK Mows

LawnSite Member
Nothing wrong with being proud of a project you're involved in. Installation is only half the job, maintenance is what matters once all the holes are filled in. Kudo's for having the business sense to not get into an install beyond your abilities and resources and Congratulations for the good work.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i get what ashgrove is saying though, although rude. it still has to be maintained and he does that in which the gardens got a show off in a mag.

OP
A

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Just take a moment to conside what a new landscaape looks like when you leave after a new install..
  • Trees still on transport stakes
  • Vines still on stakes
  • Plants with random broken branches from transport
  • Miscelanous tags that were left on plants

Then what will the place look like months after if not properly cared for...
  • Flowers don't continue to bloom without fertilizer
  • Flowers don't look that good without continous dead heading
  • We had to do a very complicated overseed just months after the sod was put down so as to protect the hybred bermuda sod
  • Most of the plants we use here are from somewhere else and they require specific nutriet needs or they beqin to decline in a matter of weeks

I'm not going to deny Karmo did a great job on the install, he always does. That's why I recommended him to this client. He makes my job much easier than most with proper irrigation zoning,good drainage, a solid design and installing quality plants. I get called by L/S architects and contractors all the time who installed great jobs only to find them go right into the toilet within a year or so. They call me to get their projects back on the right track. We do zero advertising its all word of mouth and its all upscale residential.

I'm not going to apologize for bragging if that's what you want to call it, when you go through all the crap we all do its nice to see you work on the cover of a magazine at the check out line. I could go on and on but If you don't see what the value of good maintenance is I don't know what your doing on the site.

Adeas Printing

Sponsor
I think it looks amazing! Awesome job & congrats! It doesn't look like you need it, but If you ever do decide to have any brochures showcasing your work made up or anything else give us a call! (haha-had to get that in there) & oh yeah, looks like you definitely have the bragging rights :)

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

OP
A

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Those few tiny pictures don't do the job justice. I will have to take some pic's and get them posted as well. Thanks for the compliments.