1st pondless waterfall finished

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by tinye, Nov 14, 2009.

1. tinye

tinye LawnSite Member

I finished this waterfall a few weeks ago..I used the aquascape micro pond kit. I added three submersible led lights and some accent lights as well. Tight area to work in 7" x 24 ft to work in. I bartered this with my cuz so he can finish off my deck...do you think hes done yet? I don't think so. Got a lot of inspiration on this site so thanks for the ideas!! any comments would be appreciated

pond before pics 005.jpg

pond before pics 007.jpg

pond before pics 013.jpg

pond before pics 019closeup.jpg

pond before pics 022.jpg

2. tinye

tinye LawnSite Member

sorry..this is first before construction pic

pond before pics 006.jpg

3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good! PM me if you want to save a good chunk of cash without using the expensive waterfall boxs etc.

4. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

looks good to me, i've never built one but i'm interested in these.

5. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Plastic 55 gallon drums with 1" holes drilled throughout work great. You may spend an hour drilling holes, but it's cheaper and arguably a stronger finished product than the prefab boxes.

6. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good

Are you talking about down in the basin? Not a bad idea, I use 100' of corrugated pipe with holes drilled into it, but the drum sounds interesting as well.

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Pipe works good, but I get a sump pump basin from Homedepot and drill holes in it for a pump vault. They cost a wopping $25.

8. pitrack

I have use those as well for the pump housing, but what about all of the other area in the basin?

I usually put the sump in the middle, then have the roll of pipe go around the sump.

9. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

I hadn't thought of the pipe idea. The reason we use the barrel is so that we can clean it out effectively when we service the feature.

10. pitrack

I wonder if you could get away with putting say 2 or 3 sump containers in the basin, only filling one up with the pump and leaving the other two empty, all with holes drilled into them. Hm.