Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first time at stamped concrete. I think it came out good. I had a mason friend help me with it. This is a new home on a lake. The walk way is the first part of the landscape install. I have to meet with her this Friday to see how much more she wants done this year. Seems she spent all her $ on the house and she might want to wait till next year to do any unnecesary landscaping. I will post more picks of any other jobs she wants. Tell me what you think. This is the layout.

Building Window Property Door House

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the concrete with dye.

Property Window Road surface Asphalt Wood

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the final job.

Door Road surface Window Land lot Asphalt

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Looks good. I have never done stamped before. I like my traditional pavers. :cool:

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paponte. She didn't want pavers because she thought there would be grass in the cracks after a couple of years. I forgot to mention that this is a vacation home. She does not want a single blade of grass installed because she wants a maintenance free landscape. Looks like a lot of stone and mulch to go in.

· Registered
218 Posts
Looks great. One of my customers just had it put in. I really need to learn how to do the stamped concrete. That was money that should have been in my pocket. Any suggestions? Are there any books out? Anything would be helpful.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is not cheap. The dye alone cost me $126. My mason friend borrowed the stamps from a friend of his. If you were to rent them they are $300 per day. If I were to do it for the first time, I would find a mason who has done it and hire them to help me. There is always a learning process for everything, but this is not something I would recomend doing for the first time by myself. That is why I hired my friend, who has been a mason for 30 years. They are worth the $ in my opinion to learn from.

The cost compared to pavers is more. But nothing will shift or grow between the lines. I tried to talk her into pavers, but her brother has them and she does not like the debris in the lines.

I will try to get more pics of any more projects she wants done this year.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
maintenance free landscape
!! LOL !! She's not going to like the debris that grows out of the mulch or stone either. Maintenance free... I have yet to see one of those.

Heh, just busting chops. Looks good man. I am not knocking you either, but I just don't like large slabs of cement. they all end up being ripped out after a while. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.