1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

1st time bid at large commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

I gave a bid to a apt complex. Pretty large area. 2 large sections with large pool. At least 12 large flower beds, with hedges and weeds in all of them. I bid 34 mowings, 2 times mulching @ 8 cy., monthly weed spray, yearly fert program, mow and trim all sidewalk edges. pre M for all beds and blow off ENTIRE parking area. Bid: $675 per month. She said It may be worth that but I can't afford that. She'll use me every 2 weeks and try to get it around $400 per month. Well after reducing mowing times, 1 app of mulch, no pre m, $450 per month. Calls back and says thank you but we are accepting another bid. So I saw the property was started today. Mowed only, with some edging. What got me were the tracks of a 21" mower. Oh Brother, you get what you pay for..... I cant wait to see the shrubs and the beds "whenever" they get done. I want to do some commercial, but if theres no money there, I'll stick to residential.

Schlep

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Schlepie....there is plenty of $$$ in commercial lawn and landscape. Stay away from Apt.complexes,,,,they are on a very tight budget due to new homes are so affordable and vacancy rates are climbing for apartments. Try getting businesses in complexes and things of that nature.