2 4 D Amine......rainfall?

ironpen

LawnSite Member
Yesterday afternoon I sprayed some weeds with 2 4 D Amine. I used 2 quarts per acre. It was not forecast to rain.....but we had .38 inches during the night. I would guess there was 7 or 8 hours between the time I finished and the start of the rain. Is there any chance my application will work?? TIA

sprayboy

LawnSite Bronze Member
It should be fine.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I did experiments in June of 2011. I used Gordon's T-Zone. And rinsed clover plants after spraying them. When rinsed after 1 minute, control was poor. Control was good if rinsed at 15, or 30 minutes. It was excellent if rinsed after 45 minutes.

What can I say. I like science projects.

whoopassonthebluegrass

LawnSite Platinum Member
I like that, Riggle! I have fantasized about taking some of my land and building my own test plots... but with 5 kids and a crap economy, I just haven't the ambition or cash flow for it...

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
I like that, Riggle! I have fantasized about taking some of my land and building my own test plots... but with 5 kids and a crap economy, I just haven't the ambition or cash flow for it...
Holy Crap...5 kids? You better yank a knot in that thing....:laugh:

sprayboy

LawnSite Bronze Member
lol. I have 5 sons. Oldest is 12, youngest is almost 1. Wouldn't have it any other way. It's wild and crazy, but it's tons of fun. My poor wife, though, is outnumbered 6 to 1.
I hope she got lots and lots of valentines today then.