2-4-D mix ratio questions ...

slecroix

LawnSite Member
Hey gang,

I am trying to find out what is the proper 2-4 D to Water mix ratio for residential uses.

2 oz per gallon ... 3 oz. per gallon .... 4 oz. per gallon ??? more??? less???

Someone help out the noob! :p

OP
S

slecroix

LawnSite Member
I wish it was that simple James .... I don't have a label .... LOL.

A friend of mine gave me some in an unmarked bottle that he "poured off" his 1 gallon jug and I can't get in touch with him this afternoon to ask him how it is mixed.

I was wanted to do some spot spraying this afternoon ... that's why I came here to you guys.

Grassmechanic

LawnSite Silver Member
what is the concentration of A.I.?

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
label....sorry, see it depends on what your target weeds are, where they are ( turf, or beds ) and what type of sprayer your using. you can find copies of labels on certain web sites I never apply a product without reading the label, if I dont have a label i dont apply it.

tremor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Can't be determined without the % active ingredient. This is why it's illegal & dangerous to store a pesticide in an unlabeled container.

OP
S

slecroix

LawnSite Member
I got in touch with my friend and he looked up the active ingredients said they are 47.3%.

He stated that he usually mixes it up 25 gallons at a time for a "pull behind" sprayer (between 2-4 pints per 25 gallons, depending on the application). So, he wasn't much help when I asked him about mixing it 1 gallon at a time.

I'm not "in the business" so that's why I came to you guys ... the professionals. :)

greenngrow

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't want to bust your chops.:blob3: :blob3: But man you don't want to pouring out chemicals in unlabeled containers. Besides I would not be telling it in a web site. YOU DO NOT know who is looking:eek: :eek: .

If you are not in the business then why does your profile say 5 years.

If you are new to the chemicals apps and don't have a license then you need to get one unless you are spraying your own yard...

I am willing to help anyone out and have on this site before. But I won't help anyone that is not license and doing things illegal.

Just my .02 worth.

2 4-D has restrictions on how many ounces you can apply per year.

Fvstringpicker

LawnSite Fanatic
If you're not licensed, don't spray it unless it's your own property. If you don't have the labeling to follow, don't spray it no matter what. 2 4 D is cheap enough to just replace.

SodKing

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have to agree. The label, i believe, as well as the pesticide laws of your state specifically prohibit the activity you are conducting. Never, put concentrates in a container without a label present. It is this type of activity that is giving our industry a bad name.

Top Forums