2.5 acre 2-3 ft Overgrown i won the bid and Got me $750 ( But turn out a Minus $5500 from my bank )

E-town

LawnSite Member
LOL....... 1.5 hours max before finishing i Broke DeadLift bolt and bent 2 fork on my hustler Raptor ( i did slide on a drop off; if you call it that way ) .

Getting a Flex Forks Kit will take 3 weeks so it was not giving me choice to buy a new unit while im fixing this one. ( Will keep the hustler for Clean up job or Back up equipment in future )

New unit :) $5500
MX5075 24.5hp TORO V-TWIN w/50" Fab Deck - MyRide - Year: 2020 - Make: Toro

Finishing the Job was a breezeeeee :) Pic below show how much was left when i broke down.

Got me a bi-weekly cut @ $350 each visit NO Trimming from now until the end of summer.

Last edited:
OP
E-town

E-town

LawnSite Member
This is one you should have rented a mower for.
NO one rent zero turn or ride on mower in my area. I had only one machine before so I tried previously to find one rental place just to have a B plan in case of breakdown and never find one single one up to 4 hours away and still nothing. Since i keep some emergency funds in case of breakdown because here if you drop a machine at dealer is gone for a month and since covid-19 getting some part take a 1-2 month + .

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
NO one rent zero turn or ride on mower in my area. I had only one machine before so I tried previously to find one rental place just to have a B plan in case of breakdown and never find one single one up to 4 hours away and still nothing. Since i keep some emergency funds in case of breakdown because here if you drop a machine at dealer is gone for a month and since covid-19 getting some part take a 1-2 month + .
Where do you live?

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a request from a client for pricing to mow some areas adjacent to the lawn that are now very overgrown. One price is for the initial cut and then pricing for monthly mowing of that area. He also offered to pay for repairs to the mowers if we hit something solid.

I think I'm going to quote based on using trimmers with grass blades for the initial cut. Screwing a $500 spindle is one thing but the downtime cost while waiting for parts would end up being far greater.

Lawnmower Hospital wouldn't rent you anything?

On the plus side....its never bad to buy a brand new unit. Lol. Happy mowing...I too went to look at that Toro "my ride" 50" zero turn. My dealer had a decent deal on them too...but I ended up with a Gravely Pro-Turn 160 with the Yamaha motor. Mowed a few yards the past few days...this thing is awesome.

OP
E-town

E-town

LawnSite Member
Lawnmower Hospital wouldn't rent you anything?
That is my dealer :) Scott and Neil i have deal with for over 5 years or so.
They don't rent those unit ( at least not to me LOL ), I did also ask to rent a stand on aerator and was decline but willing to sell me one LMAO.

But if i drop a tools for repair they did offer me to rent one ex: Snow blower and backpack blower etc..

Last edited: