Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Echoman, I don't think what is happening is vapor lock like in carburated engines of long ago. If you were to get out of a vapor locked vehicle, raise the hood and look under the air cleaner, you would see ice build-up on the carb body, that was my interpretation of vapor lock, soon as the ice melted, the carb would work again. The Echos I ran into this problem on, in trees just like you, I tried all kinds of fixes, and it turned out that all I had to do was open the gas cap and it would solve the problem for 15 to 20 minutes, then I'd have to do it again, so I knew it was a fuel vent problem, I can't recall right off what I did to fix it permanetly but try the fuel cap thing next time it happens and see if that solves it and maybe by then I'll remember what I did. These were new Echos 3200/ 3400's etc. and I remember a lot of different guys were bringing 'em to me for this so it wasn't just one crew, it was a saw problem, not operator error.

· Registered
284 Posts
Echoman, I find it hard to believe that alcohol is the problem, I didn't say anything about venting overnight cause the volatile organic compounds evaporate with no closed cap,(EPA doesn't like that), so if I'm reading what your saying, the machinery works better after the fuel has set overnight with the caps off? Doesn't make sense to me, the vapor that is visible coming out of the jug is the most powerful part of the mix. I'm confused, I don't get how what is left over in the morning is better than what went in at the pump.Please educate us. Keep us posted, it's so da** hot here now, I went out to P and it was just Texas, told everybody that called,"Go to house, it's too da** hot" C'ya K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.