• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

2 cycle oil

LawnBoy89

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys just wondering real quick if anyone knows where I can buy a gallon jug or something like that of 2 cycle oil instead of buying the little small ones. If there is no such thing where and how do you guys get your oil. I see most around here buy the pack of shindiawa pro but they also run shindiawa.

Thanks.

Howard Roark

LawnSite Senior Member
Call Travis at Waco Landscape supply, he'll hook you up with whatever you need. Click the LANDSCAPE SUPPLY banner up top.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree, you can buy almost all of the brand name oils in quantity. Just ask where you have been buying the small bottles.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE OIL THAT CAME WITH THE MACHINE. YOU CAN USE ANY OIL YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT MEETS THE MACHINE MANUFACTURER'S SPECS.

dmc456

LawnSite Senior Member
Get 2-cycle oil from autozone.

They have an 8 oz ($1.50) or quart size bottles. I get the ~8 oz size and mix with 5 gallons of gas. I have used it in my blowers, trimmers, edgers, and even the mower when I run out for the last 2 years.

I normally keep the 2-cyclce and mix in a 5-6 gal can and then dump into a smaller can (1 gal) to use for filling trimmers. Its a pain to fill with a large cans when your only dumping 6-10 oz of fuel.

Hope this helps.

128Steve

LawnSite Member
Would not 8 ounces per 5 gallons be a 80-1 ratio?

Or did you mean by the quart (16) ounces; which would be 40-1?

It is a pain to add gas to trimmers (etc) from a large container!

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
2.6 oz should make 1 gallon of mix
6.4 oz should make 2.5 gallons of mix
13 oz should make 5 gallons of mix
32oz (qt) should make 12.5 gallons of mix
these are for 50:1 ratio's