2 employees in a truck thoughts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grassmonkey0311, Oct 11, 2018.

1. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

Hard work? Nah. Easy day. Blow through all trimming. Don’t have to walk any yards or any cleanup? Had to do what I had to do. Rain is still nuts here. Growing like crazy and let a guy go this week.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

So let me get this straight. You and 2 guys make $9000 per week mowing lawns?:dizzy:

3. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy done,only a problem if someone checks their credit card :)

4. Charles

9 hours in a day of weedeating would wear me out. I do the mowing and weedeating. Need the mowing for the breaks. 9 hours total. I'm done. He is probably saying that was a busy day because of the rain. But if you had enough customers then it looks like it would be possible. Could just retire in a few years:usflag:

5. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

Average 850-1000 per 2 man truck per day. We were behind. Not something we do every day.

Charles and Mow-Daddy.com like this.
  6. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep that is about where we come in.
    I always figure each guy at $450 per day. For an 8 hr day. I avoid OT as much as possible.

7. Tara Ann

Tara Ann LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Absolutely. I'm going to make a note of it now so that I do not forget. :)

8. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

3 guys 50 hours @ $60/man hour = $9000.
    Right?
    Agree though that's a lot of hours on a machine, or on foot, or both. I do a 10 hour day a couple times a year and it's a killer. :weightlifter:

9. Charles

What about drive time. Loading and unloading. I did a lot of double and triple cutting this summer with all the rain. Came out below 60 per hour doing that. Weedeating took longer too. Picked up a lot of limbs due to the storms. Slowed down due to it being very hot and humid. Rarely has been a perfect 60 man hour day this season

10. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I hear ya. Been skimping on the sidewalk edging and such since summer never dried out.
    Thinking about it, a 50 hour schedule would be practically unmanageable if it rained more than a few hours in a week.
    If you're constantly falling below target rate maybe it's time to raise prices? Or charge for some extras?