2 gal/k ride on sprayer??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SCLawnCareCo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. SCLawnCareCo

SCLawnCareCo LawnSite Member

Do you think it would be possible/practical to build a right on sprayer that is capable of spraying fertilizer at a rate of 2 gallons per thousand?

For the sake of argument, let's say you want to do an all liquid application. Let's not get in a debate of why not just do granular. And you want to be able to do these bigger lawns with the ease of a ride on vs pulling hose.

And let's say you want to out down 2 gals per thousand. This would be liquid fertilizer such as uflexx. The option to spray pesticides in the mix would also be needed.

Also you don't want to have to fill up multiple times per stop. So let's say you would want to be able to spray 20k sq feet per fill up. That would be 40 gallons.

Could a machine me built heavy duty enough to handle this? If so, would the weight just cause ruts in the lawn?

A tractor pulling a trailer with a big boom is not the answer. Needs to operate and ride like a traditional ride one like a turfco or zspray

Thoughts?

2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

No market for it so I doubt it will happen.

3. SCLawnCareCo

SCLawnCareCo LawnSite Member

For the sake of argument...let's say there is a market for it. I do have my reasons for asking

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

my lawn truck with a boom on the back run off the skid and AC

5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

You could build it and z spray already does in the max. Ruts depends. Today
    On my rounds no. Last 4 rounds yes. It’s been wet all yr till now.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

You can do it now with a ZMax

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sure--just seal the bottom of the hopper and fill her up.

Maybe not, so replace the hopper with a 30 gal tank.
    You will want big nozzles for high gallonage delivery. Or maybe go slow. Or maybe go over it twice. Or just overlap 50percent more.

8. Ghopper3345

Ghopper3345 LawnSite Member
    from Nj

If they had a machine that did that I would buy it in a second!!

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am pretty sure there is a company that makes a tank the fits perfectly into the hopper. My calculations show the hopper would hold about 9.75 gallons.
    I think the auxiliary tank holds about 9 gallons.
    In theory, you could have the pickup hose come down from the top--or--have the hose come out from the bottom--just leave the hopper lever wide open.
    In a practical sense, remove the hopper and replace with a 20 gallon tank would be easiest. 30 gal tank--not so sure--about 250 pounds.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  10. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

That's just a skid sprayer for lazy people.

jcollett83 and Walker56 like this.