2 Scag Turf Tigers Free

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Tommy Kite, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Tommy Kite

Tommy Kite LawnSite Member

Hello, I was recently at my school bus barn and spotted some Turf Tigers sitting, I talked to the mechanic and he said that they had been sitting since he had gotten a job there and all he knew was one had a bad deck and a good hydro pump and the other had a bad hydro. After that I went to the main office and talked with the manager of all that and he said I could have both of them and a couple Echo weedeaters for free. Im really exited to get them home, but due to a tropical storm in my property is flooded right now. As soon as the waters come down and I get them home ill post pictures. I cant wait.

2. PremierLandscapeForsyth

PremierLandscapeForsyth LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Dang that is a good find!!

Tommy Kite, KERTWOOD and Ridin' Green like this.
  3. PremierLandscapeForsyth

PremierLandscapeForsyth LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Hope your house is alright.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

that may or may not be good, depending on the actual outcome.
    most people dont just let stuff like that go without good reason, they're on the books for something somewhere. If they were taken off the books, they were written off as junk and theres a reason that was done.

5. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Member

*trucewhiteflag*Good for you!
    That's a pretty good find, hope everything works out for you.

6. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Bronze Member

sjessen, Tommy Kite, hort101 and 2 others like this.
  7. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD LawnSite Member

I don't post much here but I do scourer the threads everyday. I can't help myself, but you Sir are a plethora of negativity. I understand you've been in the business for a trillion years and have owned one of every piece of equipment on the planet but dang bud, Lighten up. The man did the right thing and asked about the equipment and it was given to him.

Speaking of condition... Coming from the high end restoration automotive world, most things can be saved.

In ending, one mans junk is another man treasure. Good deal OP, sounds like you scored to me.

8. zraffz

zraffz LawnSite Senior Member

If the school bus barn is not government owned, they are free to do whatever they want with the equipment. If they are government owned, they need to be dissolved by ordinance and sold for monetary gain - even if it is only $1. Generally, government agencies do not consider equipment to be unsuitable for auction unless it is severely damaged and not worth fixing. I would find it hard to believe that you are given two mowers that can be made into one mower for free but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

Sounds like a heck of a deal for the price either way!

Tommy Kite likes this.
  9. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Member

Im always reading on here and ive taken in that you have a lot of knowledge in the green field but jesus you are a debbie downer or quick to make a comment on something that just negative or absurd. Let the guy feel good and have his moment for getting a good find.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I picked up a free echo srm266 from dealer ......needed throttle cable and associated actuating mechanism.

KIMG0076.JPG

Then one closest was donor I picked up last year. Runs good enough to use....it was thought to have bad bearings on crank. I will check that before I sell it...and put cheap new carb on. Just a fun thing for me...BTW I think they gave up on it when the new grey cable wouldn't work....it was wrong cable length...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    That Guy Gary and Tommy Kite like this.