1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

200,000 sq/ft ap. price?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tony Clifton, Mar 31, 2004.

  1. Brother1

    Brother1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 37

    $845 per app if full five app program which includes grub control.
  2. Dman1214

    Dman1214 Banned
    Messages: 118

    a minimum price would be 150 per acre - 4.6 x 150 = 690.00
    the peolpe that said the 375.00 & 350.00 are nuts cannot have a handle on thier costs. Too many bad businessmen in this line of work
  3. gwwilson

    gwwilson LawnSite Member
    Messages: 89

    i'd charge 4.65 acres $ 670.00 per application
  4. Dman1214

    Dman1214 Banned
    Messages: 118

    the exact measurement for 200,000 ft2 is 4.59 acres to be specific
  5. trimmasters

    trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 264

    Your quick to jump on people for being bad business people while having no idea of there costs. Here all break it down for you ---

    200,000 Sq Ft
    Fertilizer $56
    Herbicide $25

    total product cost $81

    375- 81 =$

    2 hours production time = $147 per hour

    maby before you call others bad business men you should learn how to compeat with the big guys
  6. Tony Clifton

    Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 865

    No offense Trimmasters but how do you come up with $81 for your total product cost? This could be an issue of geographic location but my cost for premium fertilizer is in the ball park of 50/acre not to mention the cost of herbicide. There is no way I could use quality product and do quality work at a cost of $81 for over 4.5 acres of turf, unless of course I used ag. products, which I am sure you are not doing ; ).
  7. kootoomootoo

    kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,369

    $56 in fert. to treat 200000 sq ft. sounds way cheap. Also whats the deal with the free spray>?
  8. trimmasters

    trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 264

    Tony, on offense taken, 24-5-11 at 1/2 pound N per thousand will treat about 24,000 sqft 200,000 / 24,000 = 8.3 bags at around $6.75 per bag = $56. 3 way at 1.25 oz per thousand and 10 cents per oz = $25. is it a premium program? heck no, but do most people want to pay for a premium program for almost 5 acres?

    its just a different way of doing business, some (most on here it seems) like to target the 10% of people that don’t mind paying allot for the best possible materials and service. we chouse to target the other 90% off people that just want a decently green lawn with few weeds at a price they can afford. different ways work for different people, we took the volume route.

    Kootoomootoo--- Free Spray is nothing more than a name --as it did with you it gets peoples attention and brings the calls in.

  9. Tony Clifton

    Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 865

    Trimmasters, thanks for the input, the reason I started this thread was to get info from companies of all types, I personally don't se anything wrong with what you are doing as long as your customers are happy. I think that it is better that you are able to provide the service at a price they can afford and get so-so results rather than them neglecting the property because they cant afford a program. You backed up your #'s and proved you can make $ charging what you do.
  10. philk17088

    philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 17,386

    What kind of app equipment are you using?

Share This Page