2001 Bobcat T200, got a few questions!

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
ok bobcat fans! what are the good, the bad and the ugly things too look at on an 01' T200?
how are they compared to a T190?
I dont know the exact hours on the machine yet, it looks to be in pretty decent shape in the pic.
what specific things should i look for? is it worth my time to even mess with a T200?
same dealer also has an 03' T300 with 1900hrs and found another dealer with an 02' T300 (w/ keyless start, high flow, for $19k)

This a pic of the actual machine im going look at.

t200.jpg

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
A better question is what kind of sites are you going to be using your tracked loader on? Tight sites with narrow gates and openings or wide open sites with no access problems?
I really enjoy having to run a large frame MTL on wide open grading or backfilling jobs, but 90% of the time I really wish it was 12" narrower.
A T200 is a good start, but go smaller just in case, the 259 Cat or even a Deere 322 is a good size to start with.

Snooker182

LawnSite Member
didn't the T200 have the option of the deutz or kubota motor? Had an 863 f-series with a 73hp deutz and had a schit-ton of issues with that. That T200 looks almost identical to my T180 and if its anything like that..loads of power and great for finish grade work, but rough as hell on the operator.

tailboardtech

LawnSite Senior Member
didn't the T200 have the option of the deutz or kubota motor? Had an 863 f-series with a 73hp deutz and had a schit-ton of issues with that. That T200 looks almost identical to my T180 and if its anything like that..loads of power and great for finish grade work, but rough as hell on the operator.
i am with you my 753 had a deutz in it i was constantly having problems it magically got a kubota put in it after about 2 years. the 200 i know had electrical issues especially if you had the digital dashes.

Snooker182

LawnSite Member
A Bobcat T180 is a better choice, they have 2 track options as well.
If I would have stuck to Bobcat, the T180 would have been my choice from the T190. I really hate Bobcat's vertical paths, I like Cat's better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Id take wide pads on a T series ctl anyday over the narrow ones, makes it an unstoppable little tank in the muck