Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a Hustler Shortcut 1500 48" bac vac for FREE. It had been sitting outside for 5 years under pine trees. Seat is deteriorated, wiring jacked up, oil was chocolate syrup. Cleaned carb, replaced fuel lines and filter, oil and filter changed... carb cleaner while jumping the solenoid and the mower runs drives cuts a little weak. But it runs. Mower pulls to the right, maybe a hydraulic linkage adjustment? Found oil leak bad from from main seal so now time for an overhaul. Does anyone have access or have copy of an old manual or parts listing. Thanks, how cool is it to mow as if you were riding an ATV lol.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Tried, nada. Called a dealer and they were not too helpful. They had the info but wasn't giving info out. Might have to pay the deal to service hydraulic.
Did you try here ?

https://www.excelii.com/

Call them, e mail what ever. They are the parent company of Hustler. Let them know how the dealer is treating you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know how to identify a Kawasaki FH680V-???? (The last 4 digit) all identifying markings have gone ghost. I know it's a FH680V from the gentleman who gave me the machine.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just realized, there is only one filter on the hydraulic unlike newer zero turns circa 2001+ that have one on each pump...unless I missed something on this machine. Still can not find service manual or parts listing, everything is..."oops maybe I shouldn't do that" and "hhmmm, I guess that goes there" mentality.
Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Font Machine
Wood Gas Engineering Machine Machine tool
Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Metal

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cleaned off the grime to double check where leak(s) are coming out of.
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt Automotive exterior
Saw Motor vehicle Wood Grass Gas
Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Asphalt
Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Wood Gas
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Yellow
I'm suspecting leak from governor, oil refill tube and from what looks like an oil sensor plug...located above oil filter.

Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Wood Gas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.