1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Silverado reg cab??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Jul 8, 2008.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

lookin for a truck jus to pull my mowing trailers. I found a 2001 Chevy SIlverado reg cab long bed with 145,000 miles on it. It has a V8. Just yur basic work truck. body is in pretty good shape, few dings and dents. Its was a service truck for a local a/c company here.
    they are asking $2300obo

dont have any pics! i figured if i get 2 years out of it i got my moneys worth! cant afford a nw truck right now, becuz i jus bought a house!

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Whats wrong with the truck you have now?

3. KrayzKajun

there is nothing wrong wit my silverado i have now, jus tht im lookin for a work truck one i dont hae to worry about the inside getting dirty or getting dings and dents on it!

4. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

So the new truck you are writing off is not a work truck ????

5. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I don't blame you...

6. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

if it's like that with your new truck, then you should have bought a caddie,

7. KrayzKajun

id rather push a truck than drive a car!

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Kajun-Ive got a 2002 GMC Sierra with the 6.0. I've been real happy with the truck, no problems to speak of other than a fuel pump that died at about 90K miles. I've got almost 100K now and have no complaints about the truck, I still love it. For the money, I don't think you can go wrong, can you get maintenance records for the truck?

9. KrayzKajun

they all maintenance records. Shows oil change at every 3000 miles and tune ups every year. Its was fleet vehicle

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't sound like a bad deal, go for it!